Well it's been a long time since I have updated, so long that the baby is already 1 month. But I wanted to write a little about the end of the pregnancy to help me remember my 9 month journey. Looking back on the 9 months, I wouldn't change the pain, sleepless nights, weight gain, mild cravings, widen hips for anything. For the most part I think I had a good pregnancy, mild nausea my first trimester but nothing bad. I was able to work up to 4 days from when Baby Elia was born. I craved a lot more salty food then sweet, I liked to eat pickles or anything that had that flavor. I ate a lot Mexican food, because we now have a favorite Mexican restaurant in Davis that we eat at plus the horchata is amazing!
Here I am at 36 weeks
The weekend of Feb 12th we headed down to LA because one of Danny's really good friends Luis was getting married and not only was he the best man but they asked him to do the flowers for the wedding also. By this time I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and we had planned driving down but ended up flying. All my co-workers were convinced they wouldn't let me on the plane, but we were flying Jet blue and I read that as long as I was not flying 10 from my due date I'd be fine and no one at the airport took the time to ask me how far along I was, so we didn't stress. Plus I talked to my midwife and she said I'd be fine but to take all my medical information just in case. I kept telling myself and the baby that we just needed to get through the crazy weekend and make it back to Davis safe so I could deliver with my midwife, my affirmation worked and baby obeyed because that is exactly what happened. The wedding turned out beautiful and Danny did a great job with the flowers. The ceremony was at a Japanese Gardens there in the Valley and the reception was beautifully decorated, the food was super good and they had great music to dance to. A lot of people were surprised how much I was dancing for how far along I was. We had to live it up because we knew that once the baby came it would be a different story.
The bouquet
my mother in-law and I helped with the boutonnieres
The center piece- Floating Orchids
With the extra flowers, Danny made his mom different arrangements
My handsome husband and fatty me at 38 weeks









Wow, I didn't realize I had such a talented cousin. Lucky you!
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute pregnant. And your daughter is adorable!
wow! now u just gotta update on your actual delivery. i realized right after u left that i wanted to ask about that. ugh!! lol.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete