Thursday, February 11, 2010

National Marriage Week! Feb 7-14

So last year around this time the Daily Universe wrote an article about valentines and how Feb 7-14 is national marriage week.  I decided to cut out the little article called "How to keep the fire burning" and keep it in my agenda because it had some good ideas.  Well I decided to do some of the ideas that were written in the article but instead of doing them the week of 7-14 I started on the 1st.  Some of the ideas were; make a list of what you love about your spouse, write it on a piece of paper and put them in places where they would find them. plan a day trip. sincerely apologize for 3 things you might have done to offend or upset them. sunggle together on the couch. compliment you spouse during the day.  I decided to write little notes and put them in random places for Danny to find.  I started with writing "14 days left till valentines day and reasons why I love you"- see not only was I telling Danny why I love him, but I was also reminding him in a subtle way how many more days till Valentines so he couldn't forget! As I counted down the days till Valentines I would leave him notes in various places. I was pretty diligent for the first 4 days, I left a couple in his car, books, drawers etc. but day 11 and 10 came and I forgot! oops.  But he really hadn't said anything about getting or reading the notes, so I didn't think it was a big deal that I missed a couple days, I could make them up!  but one night he came home and I was cooking dinner and right as he closed the door he says to me  "where are my 11 and 10?"  I didn't get it so I asked him "what 11 and 10?" his reply "the notes you've been writing me!"  I was safe cause I had made some cupcakes and put his favorite hard, heart shaped candies on one so I gave one to him to count for day 11.  I just thought it was the cutest thing that he asked for his days 11 and 10 and liked the fact that I was writing him the notes.  So that is my pre-valentine story, Im sure a post-story will be coming soon!

On another note.  Danny finally got a calling after about 4 weeks.  An Hermano from the stake wanted to talk to me before he talked to both of us, I thought it weird cause when they gave me my calling they didn't talk to Danny first, so I was kinda lost.  But he was called to be... drum roll please........ First Counselor in the Elder's Quorum. After I found out the calling they wanted to give him I understood why it all went down how it did.  This is new for him because he is used to working with the youth but he will be great at it and it will help out the branch.  Im not sure if I wrote that we decided to go to a Spanish branch and my calling is the Youth (12-18) Sunday School teacher and that we survived having to give our first "we are new to the branch" talks.

Another change of subject........ So Danny's sister Susie told him about getting free tickets to Disneyland by volunteering-Give a Day, Get a free day at Disney.  So we decided to hook up with his cousin Tanisha and her family and volunteer 6 hours at a Veterans Community Center in Napa.  Us girls did some painting inside while the boys were out in the pouring rain doing yard work.  We had lunch and snacks after resting for a good hour we were asked to do yard work, at the time of them asking it was not raining but about 15 minutes into it, it started pouring, and we stuck it out, All for Mickey Mouse!!!!!  Here are some pictures.


















 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Mom and I loved the Valentine's Day story

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...the valentines countdown you did was so cute! danny is a lucky guy! lol. I'll be waiting to read about the post-valentines.

    but congratz to danny. that's awesome! he will be a great first counselor. and that is so fun you guys went and did service to go to disneyland. i saw the commercials for it and everything. sounds like something i wanna do. seriously!! so lucky you guys are so close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is all the hard work you did worth a day at Disneyland? I guess we will find out....Maybe it would be if you didn't have to go with my kids. Not that you have to, because you guys can go whenever you want. But if you want to put up with us we would love to have you along.

    ReplyDelete