Friday, August 27, 2010

Baby Bair















We are happy to announce that our little bebe will be joining us some time in Feb or March, I guess it all depends on when he/she wants to come.  I took a test July 4th and to my surprise it came out positive.  Danny was in UT at the time so I took a picture of the test and sent it to him... He called back a couple mintues later, asking "so does that mean you're pregnant?".  We have been able to have two Ultrasounds, the 1st was just for fun, the baby was a tinny little kidney bean, the 2nd (the picture above) was to measure the baby and figure out my due date and from what the Dr.saw he said I am further along then what we had orginally thought.  So my due date is February 28th, 2011.  The first couple of months were a little rough.  I didn't feel like eating anything, I got a bad sinus cold, had to go to the bathroom ALOT, I was super, super tired, and a bit emotional and this baby is making me break out!   I decided to change my diet and eat more health food, like Quinoa, brown rice, lots of fruits/veggies and try to stay away from too much meat (which is hard for me). What made it worse was we were in Mexico for about a week and they have yummy spicy, meaty foods and their eating schedule was very different from what I was used to, so I splurged a bit while we were down there, I couldn't pass up authentic Mexican food.  So now that the baby has been exposed to it, he/she will either come out loving or hating Mexican food.  I guess we will see.  Now that I started my second trimester it has been alittle better.  Im not as tired and Im starting to crave things, still a little emotional (but according to Danny that's nothing new).  I have loved every step so far. There will be days when Danny comes home and will start talking to my stomach, it's cute, funny and random at the same time, I don't know if it's totally hit him yet.   My last visit with the midwife I had my full on physcial and was able to listen to the heart beat... what an amazing sound, it's like music to a mother's ears. I really like the clinic I have been going to and the midwife that sees me.  Here in Davis they have a nice set up, the birthing center is pretty much connected to the Sutter hospital because they really encourage natural births with tubs, showers and have a room that looks like a bedroom, so I have started to think about it but knowing me and how I can't stand anytime of stomach pain, I wont last too long before I ask for meds.  Anyway, we are super excited for the new addition to our family and I can't wait to find out what it is....... any bets on what it might be?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    And whatever it is, boy or girl, it will be one beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations again!!! that is so exciting!! i think it will be a girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Babies are so much fun;0) And your's is going to be beautiful, boy or girl! Congratulations you guys!

    ReplyDelete