It's super crazy to think that I gave birth to my beautiful baby 6 months ago. Goodness how time flies! I know I will be saying that statement once she hits 1,2 and 3 years old..and I probably for the rest of her life! Elia had her 6 month check up yesterday. We had to switch Doctors (which I was not too happy about) because her insurance only covers her to be seen by Doctors in the county we live in and since we moved to Sacramento county it had to be changed. The Dr. we went to was a recommendation from a lactation consultant and I'd rather go off of recommendation verses just picking a Dr. that accepts our insurance. All in all the Dr. was nice but I guess I was expecting her to be a little more personable. Once she walked into the room she asked me questions about Elias development did her Dr. thing and checked Elia but didn't take the time to ask me if I had questions for her especially now that Elia can start with cereal and solid foods. So I pulled out my little baby notebook out where I wrote down my questions and had to ask each one quickly before she started to leave the room. I was a little bugged because I kept comparing it to the other Dr. and staff in Davis who we love and they totally know us. Oh well, hopefully things get better. So the nurse assistant came in to give Elia her 2 shots one in each leg. My baby girl has some THICK legs because she barely cried on the first but the second one she did more for just 2 minutes. By the time I got my stuff ready and left the room she was fine. It was funny because as we left I asked the receptionist for Elia's shot records and she asked me "did she get shots today" yes I replied "did she cry at all? because she looks totally fine" yup, that's my girl! Anyway Elia's height-27.5 95%
Weight- 14.5 25%
Head- 17
Some of the things she has been doing lately; she my little rollie pollie- she rolls everywhere. There is no point to laying down a blanket for her to play with her toys anymore because she never stays on it. She loves to be read and sung to and she likes to join in and read/sing along with us. She sits up with support not quite on her own yet. Her new tricks are putting her lips together and spitting out, playing with her tongue and sticking her tongue out at people. She loves giving besos with her mouth wide open and will suck on my cheeks at times. She is our little fishy because she loves loves the water. She just started taking a chupete (pacifier) but is still super picky, she would rather have the real thing or suck on her lower lip... I can go on forever on all the cute things she does...I just feel so so grateful that I am able to be home with her to see every smile, hear every new sound that she makes, smell her yummy and not so yummy baby smell and kiss and squeeze her everyday!
Swimming at the pool
At the park watching daddy play baseball
my Sunday dress
sucking my lower lip
She loves her bi-lingual piano toy
With her 2nd cousin Hudson








No comments:
Post a Comment