Monday, August 8, 2011

CA state fair- Family visit-Folsom lake

The end of July, beginning of August has been quite eventful.  We went to the CA state fair with Roy and Gail, which was pretty much an all day event, after that we took Roy and Gail to eat some yummy pupusas for their first time.  The last week of July Danny's Aunt Mary passed away so we had a lot of family in town for the funeral.  It was such a beautiful service, it helped me realize how precious life really is and the importance of family and living in each moment.  It was nice to be around family.  Between Roy/Gail's house and ours we housed a total of 28 people and that was not even half of the family members that were there and it was nice to have abuelita, abuelito, Wendy and Travis at the house visiting.  After things calmed down from the funeral and once family left I had a ward youth conference to go to on Saturday ( I recently got called as the 2nd coun. in Y.W).  We spent the day at Folsom lake boating and playing in the water.  It was fun to see how much the baby loved the water.  Danny was nice to watch the baby while a couple of us went out on the lake on the tube.  I decided I wanted to try wakeboarding again. (the last time I went was about 7 years ago) and to my surprise I got up every time the first try but it was super choppy so I didn't stay out too long, but wow, I forgot how sore your body gets after.  It was fun to get to know the youth in our ward and I'm super excited to be in Y.W again. 



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free picture slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment