Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our Journey to the big CA

It was December 21st at 12am that we finally decided to head out to Northern California.  Earlier that day we finalized our packing and had great help from Rachel, Malcolm with putting things into the truck and my mom who came to help clean up after we had almost everything in the truck and car.  We decided to tow my car behind the truck but the rental company only had a big, old school trailer and that trailer sure gave us problems!  The flap, when brought down was too steep for my car to go up so then we had to find a place that would level it off and we found it... at Timpview high.  We blocked one side of the road for a good 45 minutes. But we got the job done!  So our journey began, I was bundled up with my coat and blankets while Danny had the air conditioning going to he wouldn't fall asleep!  About 4 hours later I could tell Danny was getting really tired so we decided to switch so then he can get enough sleep and drive the Donner Pass.  Well the minute I got into the drivers seat it began to snow. The first part wasn't too bad, I sang Christmas songs to myself to stay awake but after about half-hour.... Ayyy! The snow came tumbling down.  Let's just say my hands were gripped so tight at 10 and 2 that you could see my knuckles turn white. I really started freaking out every time a big semi would rush past me and all this snow would flood the windshield to where I literally couldn't see anything.  Poor Danny couldn't sleep at all, instead he was my coach, calming me down and reminding me to follow the red lights of the truck in front and to stay STRAIGHT!
A couple hours later we stopped and slept for about 1 1/2 hours then Danny drove the rest of the way.  We got to our apt, unloaded my car in the target parking lot (once again, problems) then Roy and Gail came to help us unpack.  Let's just say we are glad we are on the first floor.  The truck was FULL to its max!  Danny says it was mostly my stuff and that my love sac took up most of the space but he has just has much stuff... books!  It was about 7:30ish then a couple cousins came to help with the heavy stuff and by 8:30-9pm we had everything in the apt.  That night was our first night in our own apt TOGETHER!  The next day we drove down to LA to spend Christmas with family down there.


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I'm so glad you guys have a blog! Now I can add you to the list of blogs that I stalk. I'm glad that you made it to California in one piece! Keep blogging so we can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I loved reading your posts this morning. Keep it up--I love knowing about your new life. Ask Noelia to start a bog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have a blog! You better keep it up :) Your wedding pictures are so beautiful and you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete