Thursday, June 3, 2010

Are you OCD?

So one night Danny and I were watching TV and during commercial it was talking about a up coming TV show about people with OCD (obsessive compulsive behavior disorder).  It could have not come on at a better time because just a couple hours before I myself displayed that behavior.  You see Danny has his routine of coming home, putting his stuff on our love sac, taking off his shoes and so on.  After dinner, depending on the day we watch our shows.  During that time he takes off his socks and leaves them on the floor even till the next day. So I pick them up and put them in our dirty clothes bin.  You might not think it's a big deal or say it's not OCD but I also do it in the kitchen he'll bring something out of the fridge and leave it on the counter to a while ( cause he says he will use it again) but I can't stand it so I put it away, just for him to pull it right back out again when he's ready to use it and I also do it with stuff in our room.  So having been taught a lot about Special Education, Autism, Emotional Behaviors, other disabilities.  I have come to the conclusion that I have OCD, specifically with cleaning.  Going through my program, the more we learned about Sped the more we would diagnose ourselves and each other with having some kind of disability, but if you come to think about it who doesn't have some kind of disability.  I truly believe there is not a single person on this earth that is "NORMAL", we all have our weirdness, but that is what makes us so UNIQUE.  But after watching the clip of the new show, I still don't think I'm as bad as the people on the show... Danny might beg to differ.  I posted the link of the show below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov7IedqUVOA

1 comment:

  1. We have been watching that show too! How funny. At least your OCD is with cleaning. Thats great! I need some of that. haha. Jake has a minor case of OCD too. His is with random things though. Like he cant stand it if we are at the grocery store and we pick the items in the front of the row. He always gets the one behind because he has a good feeling about it. He cant stand it when something is out of place at a store- like if something fell off into the isle. He hurries and picks it up because he doesnt want anyone to trip on it. That tv show is interesting huh? I always told him he was OCD about some things but that show confirmed it for him.

    ReplyDelete