Thursday, June 24, 2010

Un poco de todo!


A lot has gone on since I wrote last, so I will write a quick update. For Memorial weekend we had a pretty chill weekend because Danny had to finish writing his thesis for BYU (everyone asks how he got into his Ph.D program without completely being done with his thesis.. who knows, my hubby is smart!) But he finally got it done and is going to defend on July 2, so he will be out in UT for that weekend.  Anyway Danny wrote most of the day on Monday while I went to my first Zumba class.  I first heard about Zumba from Kaui about a year ago but did think much about it, now there is all this hype about so I begged Danny to let me pay for some classes (I've gained a couple pounds since being married and barely fit into one of my favorite pairs of jeans, ayy depressing!)  Keep in mind things are a lot more expensive here in CA so I only signed up for 6 classes. So I went to that and LOVE, LOVED IT.  The instructor was a cute, perky dancer girl, who for a not being latin ( at least i don't think she was) she sure knew all her salsa, merengue,  cumbia, reggaeton moves.  But that Saturday during the break Danny and I were able to go with the youth of our branch to San Fran and spend a day at the exploratorium- a total hands on museum, the beach and visiting the Oakland temple it was really fun, I love our youth, such fun kids.













This was a drinking fountain











our youth group
(3 of them were not members)










The first week of June Danny's dad was in San Fran for his work and came to visit us for the weekend because one of danny's cousins was getting married, so on June 5th (which was our one year anniversary)  we were able to attend Ashley's sealing in the Sacramento temple.  There were a lot of people there, but it was such a beautiful sealing and a great opportunity to be able to be at the temple on our one year anniversary!  so we spent that weekend visiting family.  Danny's dad grew up in Sacramento, so he still has a couple brothers and a sister in the area and he likes to visit them.  The reception was outside in a back yard and absolutely  beautiful, she looked so happy.  I will post pictures later.  Yes, we spent our anniversary at someone elses wedding but is was sweet because as we greeted them after she remembered it was our anniversary and wished us the best.  Oh don't worry we took a couple days to getaway and celebrate our anniversary.   We waited till Danny was done with his school term and went down to San Diego for a couple days,  back to where it all began!!  I will write more and put pictures on my next post!  so stay posted!!!!


Some of the cousins.. there are too
many that I can't keep track









The Bair Brothers!!!









 

1 comment:

  1. how fun!!! and yes, ur hubby is smart!!! :) congrats to him! and im glad u like zumba!! i love it and i agree, these white girls are pretty good at the latin moves. all of the instructors here are white too, except for jenny uyema. keep goin.... :)

    ReplyDelete