Friday, June 25, 2010

Back to where it all began!


Like I said I was going to post about our little getaway to San Diego so here it is.  Before we left I was asked to teach our youth a dance so they could present it at youth conference.  I let me choose between the dance from Mexcio that I had already taught them or a new one from Dominican Republic.  The girls ended up choosing, they seemed to be more into it than the boys anyway.  So I spent a couple weeks teaching them the dance and of course we were short boys from our branch so we asked 2 boys from the english ward to help out... it was so cute to see los gringitos moving con sabor!!!  I was not able to watch their performance again because we were heading out to So Cal.  But Im sure they did a great job!











The boys were so excited to dance!












Wednesday night we were off to So. Cal, we got to LA around 2am and visited with family for a bit then off to San Diego.  On our way there the Lakers were playing so we listened to the game on the radio until we checked into the hotel.  The first thing Danny did was put his bags down and turn on the TV to watch the game.  We chilled that first night, watching the Lakers, Soccer and all the channels we don't get at home.  On Friday Danny had to finish some last minute writing before 4pm, so I drove around La Jolla got us something to eat and layed out by the pool.  Around 2pm Danny was done so we hit the beach for a couple of hours and relaxed there.  Danny went into the water and insisted I go in but it was a little windy and the water was COLD and those 2 together = a not so happy me!  I stayed and watched our belongings and would once in awhile got my legs wet.  Around 5:30 everyone started to clear out and Danny had still not come back from swimming, then all of a sudden a mom goes up to the lifeguard and says "I can't find my son", so they had people out on jet ski's and made a couple intercom announcements so by that time people really started coming out of the water but I still couldn't see Danny, so I started getting a little worried.  Finally after about 15 more minutes he came walking out of the water on the opposite side from where I saw him go in.  After that we decided to get some food at Islands,  they have some big and yummy burgers.  We got back and relaxed in the hot tub that night.  Saturday was our temple day.  One of the main reasons we went back was to go to the temple where we got married to do a session and sealings.  (our sealer strongly encouraged us to attend the temple as much as possible and we are starting a tradition of celebrating our anniversaries by going to the temple) It was such a great feeling, it brought everything back into perspective!  We were asked to be the witness couple, first time!  There were a total of about 13 people in the session, then while we were sitting in the celestial room a sealer came up to us and asked if we had time to do sealings and of course we said yes. After that we walked to the room where we got sealed and peaked in.  Although the temple is being worked on from the outside, it was sooo beautiful and peaceful inside, especially the celestial room.... absolutely breath taking!  After that we headed back to LA and went out to dinner with my mom and her husband who were in LA for a wedding, we ate at Claim Jumper, sooo yummy!
Then Sunday my mom and Randy came with us to church and then we left later that day back to SAC.  It was a much needed, relaxing getaway.  But the high light was being able to go back with my amazing husband to the temple..... where it all began!


Our hotel and view

Danny watching the game


Da Beach


Danny's idea of "laying out"
Temple







2 comments:

  1. i wish we coulda gone to the temple we got sealed in for our anniversary. unfortunately, it was still closed for renovations. it STILL is. maybe next year!! but glad u guess got to celebrate for your anniversary!! congrats!! :) i miss our FHE's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Temple and think its so special you were sealed there and got to go back for your anniversary! Isn't married life the best :)

    ReplyDelete