The weekend of May 1st we had family in town for Elia's baby blessing. The excitement started Friday night when my whole family drove in from UT, Jacob flew in from NY and Luis and Miriam drove up from So Cal. Then Danny's parents got in early Saturday and the Harty family and Katie got in that night. We decided to bless Elia in our old Spanish branch although we moved out of their boundaries. Sunday came and Danny was super nervous. He gets quiet and pensativo when it comes to presenting/talking/teaching in front of a big group of people, and I was nervous that she would be fussy and cry through the whole thing, but she didn't and Danny did a great job. I couldn't ask for more it was a perfect, special blessing from a father to his daughter. He got emotional at the beginning, which is a rare thing to see Danny cry, so that automatically made me cry. It was so neat to see all the the worthy Priesthood holders in a circle, supporting Danny and Elia at that moment. Luckily she didn't cry, she didn't even make a peep but she was wide awake with her big eyes looking at all the important men in her life hold and gently bounce her up and down. After Danny and I decided to bare our testimonies, he went first and got emotional again, I think having a baby, especially a girl has soften him up A LOT. I waited till 5 minutes till the meeting ended to get up there but finally did and it was nice to do it one last time in the branch. Once we got home we had a get together at the house for family and ate yummy empanadas, pizza bites, my dad made his famous cuban beans. It was all so perfect. Yes, it got a little crazy with all the kids, I was constantly escorting kids who had sodas, food or dirtiness on them out of the house and back outside. But I enjoyed every minute of it and am so thankful that family was able to come out and share that special day with us.
The dress Elia was blessed in was passed down from my mom's side of the family. The fabric that the dress was made out of is more than 80 years old, it was made from my mom's bis-abuelas dress. So when my mom was a baby and baptized into the Catholic church she wore it then and my sister and I were blessed in it. It's pretty old and more off-white then a bright pure white but I'm glad we have that family heirloom.
omg! she is definitely danny's daughter. lol!!! she looks exactly like him, but much cuter!! :) lol. all the pics look perfect! glad she had a wonderful blessing day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little girl! And so neat about her special dress! I love that. I bet that was a memorable day!
ReplyDelete