Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday thought

Danny keeps tellIng me that I need to wrIte In a journal of how fast our kIds are growIng. I haven't done a good job keeping up in my book type of journal but I figured this blog is like one so I just write here.  Since today is Sunday and I have some quiet time I decided to go through my pictures and I came across one I took of elia last week some time. Looking at the picture, observing her in an everyday setting and how she reacts to things makes me realize how much a mother's/fathers example influences a child's life.   This last month Elia has witnessed many blessing being given.  Danny and I decided that everytime we see our dad's (which isn't very often) to get a fathers blessing so Danny got one when we were in LA. I got one when my dad came to help me after baby was born. Elia received one cause she was sick and Danny gave me one before I had the baby.  So as a result of this one day I found her giving her brother a blessing because he was fussy.  She first said shh shh hermanito, put her hands on hIs head closed her eyes then went on in her own language for 2 seconds then stated an AMEN! My heart melted at that moment.
Im so thankful for moments like these because it reminds on those hard days to have more patience and that every Moment is a teaching/learning moment.
I sure do love being a mom
Happy Sunday

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!
    I have a habit of taking pictures of the kids with my cell phone. It makes it so easy to remember things we have done in the last week.
    Good luck with your journaling. It is tough, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete